This accessibility statement applies to the Allington Parish Council website at allington.parish.lincolnshire.gov.uk
This website is run by Allington Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We made every effort to build this website in line with WCAG 2.1 AA standards to keep it accessible.
However, we know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- when increasing the font size some items overflow and maybe slightly difficult to read
- some forms used on the site do not provide clear error messages
- some forms are not hosted on an accessible platform
- some document attachments are not clearly written
- some graphics and document attachments have poor colour contrast
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- many documents are in PDF, Excel or Word format and are not accessible
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need (for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF)
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find problems that are not listed on this page or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Allington Parish Council is committed to making its websites accessible, as per the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- Some form controls may not have labels. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationship).
- Some graphics may have text in. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.5 (Images of text).
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of Allington Parish Council’s older PDFs & Word docs are inaccessible and do not meet accessibility standards.
We are working towards replacing as many PDFs & docs as possible with HTML web pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 12 January 2021.