Notes from the Council’s last meeting

The transparency code requires that the notes from the last meeting are published before being approved at the next council meeting.

Allington Parish Council

Notes of Parish Council Meeting held at Allington Playing Field Shed

7 September 2022

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attendees       Cllr Plummer                           Cllr Mould

Cllr Goodall                             Cllr Marsh

Cllr Reynolds

Janet Morton Clerk    

 

 

 

 

 

  1. WELCOME REMARKS BY THE CHAIRMAN

Cllr Plummer welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

  1. APOLOGIES: TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND REASONS GIVEN

Cllr Scott – on holiday

Cllr Sharp – Work commitments

 

  1. TO RECEIVE DECLARIONS OF PECUNIARY INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCALISM ACT 2011

No declarations of Members interests in relation to agenda items declared.

No requests for dispensations from Members received.

 

  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES

It was resolved to accept the Clerk’s notes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 20 July 2022 to be approved as minutes.

           

  1. CORRESPONDENCE.

Clerks’ correspondence and to resolve to agree any subsequent actions.

Safer Together Newsletter

County Views citizens survey

Lincolnshire Good Home Alliance Project

Neighbourhood Policing Teams Priority Setting Meeting

Allington crossing closed overnight on 7 to 8 September

Anglia Water re 2 new reservoirs

South Kesteven District Council Consultation on Gambling Statement of Principles August 2022

Best Kept Village announcement

Best Kept Village award presentations

Town and parish council newsletter August 2022

11 aside football pitch enquiry

Resident asking for the code onto Park Rd grass area

Resident saying how wonderful the new phone box looks

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. FINANCE

Income was noted since 20 July 2022 as outlined in the respective Finance Reports.

 

 

 

It was resolved to approve the expenditure since 20 July 2022 as outlined in the respective Finance Reports. Proposed by Cllr Marsh, 2nd Cllr Mould agreed unanimously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           

  1. VILLAGE CROSS

The potted history information board of the village cross is continuing to be worked on and it is hoped to have more information from sources by end of October. 

Various substances for the plaque are being looked into, Cllr Plummer has been trying to get information from another PC for information as to where they got their stainless-steel plaque from.  Once more information has been gathered it will be presented to the council along with prices.

It was agreed that a temporary information board would not be used as it would be better to spend the money on the actual one.

Father Titley has been approached as to whether he would bless the cross - date to be agreed hopefully once the plaque is in place possibly in the New Year.

A quotation has been received for a new base so that the seat can be moved allowing the plaque to be placed in front of the cross.  Further information required prior to agreement.

 

  1. QUEENS JUBILEE

It has been noted that several of the trees that were planted on Marston Lane have died through the hot summer.  There is also large area where no trees have been planted which could also be a possibility.  Cllr Goodall will inspect the area to see if the seven oak trees could be interspersed along the lane.

 

  1. PLAYING FIELD

Investigation into the maintenance of the MUGA is continuing.

It was decided that the interior of the Shed would remain the same until such time as funds allow possible changes.

The Petanque was discussed with the agreement that upgrading of the Petanque to full size, levelling and using suitable substance would be beneficial to members of the village.  A costing has been received to upgrade to match standards and it was agreed to fund in full proposed by Cllr Marsh seconded Cllr Mould unanimously agreed to put the monies to cover the work as per the quotation in a ringfenced account.

When the area is not being used for pre-arranged matches the area will be open for all to use.

Cllr Marsh noted that the post with the sign on entry into the car park needs to be painted - Clerk to arrange.

A new gate post has been placed at the top gateway replacing the old wobbly one along with a new latch, closer and the gate painted.

It was discussed that a gate into the childrens play area would be beneficial in stopping dogs accidently going into the area.  It would need to be child safe to prevent trapping of fingers etc. – Cllr Plummer to look at possibilities.

 

  1. PLANNING

To consider the following planning applications-

S22/1601

Applicant: Mr Graham Anderson

Proposal: Repair and rebuild dry stone boundary wall with the replacement of pedestrian gates Location: Eastleigh, The Green, Allington, Lincolnshire, NG32 2EA

 

S22/1723

Applicant: Jannette Mole

Proposal: T4: Ornamental Prunus (cherry) - To Fell

Location: The Small House, Side Street, Allington, Lincolnshire, NG32 2DZ

 

S22/1704

Applicant: Mrs Margaret Swallow

Proposal: T21 - To remove some lower branch's

Location: 19 Park Road, Allington, Lincolnshire, NG32 2EB

 

Application S22/1704 was discussed due it having tree protection order and that there was no tree surgeon report as to whether this work was necessary.  Clerk to respond to SKDC planning.

 

 

  1. RED PHONE BOX

The Red Phone Box has been purchased and is now on site.  The Council have received comments from several residents as to how nice it looks.

The possibility of moving the defibrillator into the phone box was discussed.  Cllr Mould informed the council that a new outer box would need to be bought if relocated – Cllr Mould will investigate the costs of moving the defibrillator and present at the next meeting.

The possibility of a 2nd defibrillator was suggested but dismissed due to the cost.

 

  1. ZERO CARBON

The idea of the funding is to reduce the carbon footprint of the village.  A grant is available up to £5000 for items such as solar panels and batteries for community buildings.  Cllr Goodall is continuing to research to see if further grants are available.

 

  1. HIGHWAYS

It was agreed to ask District Councillor Mark Whittington for ten small 30mph signs to place on lampposts around the village.

 

14.       AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

Zero Carbon Parish Funding

Jubilee Tree Planting

Usage of the Red Phone Box

Village Cross plaque

MUGA maintainence

 

           

16.       DATE OF NEXT MEETING

            Wednesday 9th November 2022